Thursday, November 6, 2008

1st Grade

Oh how I loved working with the first graders this morning! Mrs. B's class is by far one of the best classes I've seen! She is a marvelous teacher, and her students adore her. The room is covered from head to toe with posters on the weather to posters on writing. Student creations line the walls and desks. Each desk has it's own crayon tray...for the creative minds that sit at it.

I was able to help out 6 or 7 students this morning with their reading. Some struggled and others did very well. At first they seemed a little wary of me, but by the time recess rolled around they were almost begging me to play with them. We went to computer time, and P.E. together and they were showing off as much as possible. One little boy gifted a leaf and stick to me. I will keep it as a trophy of the trust I gained from him.

There was only a few small discipline incidents, all of which came when I was walking with the students to P.E. or during P.E. Someone said something that hurt C.'s feelings, and then S. was hit by a jumprope that hit her during P.E. They were sweet though, and apologized when I told them that it wasn't a very nice thing to do.

No comments: