Saturday, August 30, 2008

Football in August!

I love live football games! I love the families that wait in line for 2 hours before the gates open. And when the gate does open, I love the sound of the very first ticket scan-a pleasant chirp signaling the start of a new season. I love the smell of the concession stands-hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn and roasted almonds. But more than that, I love the deafening sound of the crowd when the home team scores, or the equally deafening silence when the favorite player goes down with an injury. The sunshine on the field and the blue sky overhead...the perfect day. The sea of blue and white, the band, the drumline, even the heat wasn't enough to ruin this day.

Our stadium holds about 65,000 people. 65,000 people left their air conditioning to come sweat on the bleachers as they cheered their team on! I can't help but think that each of those 65,000 people have individual lives...each are different, each have their own likes and dislikes. I don't know how to explain it, but sometimes that makes me feel so insignificant....so small. 1 in 65,000. How can I ever be found?

No comments: