Friday, August 29, 2008

Just the beginning....

When I was younger I had an dream of what my life would be like when I grew up. But, the more I grow-up, the more I realize that that dream is not happening. Sometimes I wonder what went wrong. But most of the time, I wonder how all of it went so right.

I suppose I was just being silly. I imagined my whole life out, only putting in the big moments, graduating from high school, going to college, marriage, raising a family etc. I never thought that, however important those big moments are, it's the little moments that I've fallen in love with.

Life is just so beautiful. Today I laid down on the soft grass under a tree and just stared into its sunshine touched leaves and the deep blue sky behind them. And I just breathed. All around me, the world just stopped. I stopped with it and took time to realize that no matter what life throws at you, you're still alive! You're still alive and there is a whole world worth enjoying out there.

As I look back on my life, I see hundreds of small incidents that have shaped me into who I am right now. Some of those were not the most pleasant experiences either! My life has not been all sunshine and roses. Some of it I've spent slogging through a swamp! But I would never want to change a thing. Those swamps and roses have brought me where I am now, and I am happy here!!

No comments: