Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Best Semester of My Life

This semester has been the best ever!!! My classes are all PERFECT and my professors are so nice! My schedule isn't overloaded (I'm only taking 12 credits) and I'm interested in all of the classes I'm taking!

Here's my classes:

Astronomy-To start out with, my professor is a great-grandpa! He makes jokes about being old and talks about Copernicus and Galileo as if he grew up with them! On top of all of that, we meet in the Planetarium....which has reclining seats! So, we get to sit back, relax and listen to our professor joke around! It's the best!

Health for Elementary Teachers-At first I thought that this class might be a bit boring, you know, because it's about health. I was completely wrong! Our class room is 10' by 20' ! You can't help but get to know each other and smile in a room that small! We spend a lot of time talking about how to present health topics to our classes. Way too much fun. The class consists of mostly girls, with one exception, our man, Brad. I think he enjoys that class just a bit too much. ;)

Public Speaking-My professor is a Theatre Major who served as an officer in the army! You can only imagine how awesome that is...I've already gotten into a clump of people...we're working together on a project and enjoying every moment of it, though we tend to talk more about relationships than the actual project :S

Math 1010-Math. Oh boy. Not my favorite subject, but I'm beginning to understand it better! On the first day of class, everyone filed in and took their seats quietly. I looked around the room and noticed that most of my class mates look like teenagers. Which they are. Exciting. I watched a couple of other people come in, a woman who looks about 50 and a younger man in a funny winter hat. He came in out of breath...and was late by like 5 min or so. At that point I was getting impatient. Where was our professor??? He was late. My attention got pulled back into the classroom when the man in the hat leaned over to another student and asked "This is Math 1010, right?" A common question for the first week of school. After a nod from the other student prompted him to ask another question: "Is this professor good?". "Well, I've heard good things about him..." the other student trailed off. "That's good.." the man in the funny hat rose from his seat "because I'm your professor!". Laughter erupted from my mouth while other students sat there stunned, others simply stared. It was a good joke.

That's just a little peek into....The Best Semester of My Life!

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

So the classes sound easy and fun! By the way, I'm totally up for the ice skating thing. :D That'll make it even more fun!