Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where Heaven Meets the Earth.

After about 6 months of battleing cancer, my dear daddy passed away this saturday, at 8am. He was admitted to the hospital on friday afternoon after passing out at home. He regained consciousness and my mom called the paramedics. The doctors said that he had thrown a blod clot, so they took him into emergency surgery to place a screen in the main artery that came from his legs, to stop the blood clots from entering his lungs. I was in Provo taking finals at the time, so I rushed up to Logan to see him and the family. I was able to be there before they took him in for surgery, and our little family had a prayer together. He made it out of surgery just fine, and then they placed him in a room. We stayed for a little while, but when it looked like he was stable, I decided to head back down to take my next final in the morning. I hugged him good-bye and walked out the door. I felt bad for leaving, but I wanted to get that last final out of the way so that I could just spend time with my family. On my way down in the morning, I called my brother to see how dad was doing...and got to tell my dad that I loved him. He was in a lot of pain. 15 minutes later, he passed away. I feel so blessed to have been able to talk to him before he passed, and even though I found out about his passing sitting alone in an Institute parking lot, I was still comforted. 
   A lot of thoughts are running through my head right now. I feel sad because he will never be here to see me leave on my mission, see my wedding, or my children, or to give me a father's blessing. I will miss him so much. Yet, I am reminded of the beautiful, eternal covenants that my parents made when they were married for all eternity in the temple. My father kept those covenants, and I can be a peace concerning our reuniting. He will be my daddy forever. Nothing will ever be able to take that away, as long as I live my life the best that I can. I'm thankful for Heavenly Father's gracious plan of....happiness :D. It truly is. 
  I feel a lot of peace. There are moments where I am struck with the realization that he won't be here. The morning after I woke up and thought "Who will squich all of the spiders?". I don't like spiders crawling in my room and I always called daddy to come squish them for me. Or, "Who is going to eat that strawberry ice cream? Because none of us girls will touch it". It's the funny, small things that remind me of him. Today it was my FAFSA. Daddy always took care of that stuff, and he did all of it but the last little bit....and it was so frustrating. I missed him.
  But, one of the rare blessings, is that I get to take my dad one my mission with me. How many people get to do THAT?

2 comments:

Chels said...

Anne, you're an amazing person. I'm so sorry about your dad, and I'm so grateful that we have this gospel to teach us these things.

Melanie said...

Anne you honestly are just incredible. To be able to go through something like this and not only not falter in your faith, but rather have it strengthened... You're amazing, and the world needs more people like you. We all love you and are praying for you and your family. Let me know if I can do anything for you, yeah? :)