Wednesday, June 23, 2010

White Cake

Today I made a white cake.

From Scratch.

And it's in the oven.

So cross your fingers!

I can't remember the last time I made a cake from scratch. But I remember being very proud of myself. As I am now. I love making things from scratch. I feel very accomplished and old-fashioned when I do.

The non-old-fashioned side of me found this recipe online at TLC Cooking:

INGREDIENTS:
2-1/4cups cake flour
1tablespoon baking powder
1/2teaspoon salt
1/2cup butter, softened
1-1/2cups sugar
4egg whites
2teaspoons vanilla
1cup milk

PREPARATION:

1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottoms of two 9-inch round cake pans with waxed paper; lightly grease paper. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.

2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer (NOTE: Definitely use this non-old-fashioned tool!!) at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, two at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until blended. With electric mixer at low speed, add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.

3. Bake 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges and invert layers onto rack to cool completely.

Good Luck!

*EDIT*
It's finished! And, it didn't implode :D

No comments: