Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Mormon.org

For those of you that don't know, the LDS church has revamped their website (mormon.org) to allow for members of the church to have profiles there. I created my profile a while back and would like to encourage everyone I know to do so as well! There are many questions that you can answer on the site, from "Are Mormons Christian?" to "What are some things that tell to you there is a God?". It is a great way to share your faith and beliefs with the world. Also, when you sign up you can get a "I'm Mormon" button to put on your blog :D See mine ---------->

Today I came across a great question and wanted to post it here, along with my answer:

What are some things that tell to you there is a God?

Perfectly symmetrical flowers. Sunsets. Breathtaking views off the side of a cliff. Faces of people I have never met or seen before. Breathing. Laying on my back porch and staring at the stars at night. Seeing the sunlight sift through the leaves in a forest. Miracles. A heartbeat. Children. Family. Friends. Love. The feelings I have when I pray to Him. I feel at home when I pray. I feel that someone really is listening, and that someone really does care about me and my life. I can never deny that I know God is there and that He never leaves us alone.

" Yea, and all things denote there is a God yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." -Alma 30:44

No comments: