Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another Summer Day...Has Come and Gone Away

School starts on Wednesday.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

On one hand, I can't wait to get back into a routine, and start diving back into textbooks and writing papers, doing math homework, anything to keep myself busy. But I will miss the summer.

This summer has been...unique. I have had some of the most wonderful moments of my life this summer, along with some of the most heartbreaking. I'm not sure why those two always have to go together, but there you have it.

I think that I have started to learn what it's like to be a free spirit. Setting up for school has made me realized I'll be tied down again...to desks and deadlines. I didn't have a problem with any of those before, but now, it doesn't seem as glamorous as it once did. Perhaps because I had imagined that I would have..well, let's just say that I imagined this semester would be much different than it is turning out to be. Such is life! I guess I have a choice to fly away and be free. And I'll admit it's pretty tempting right now. But I've also discovered that I'm stronger than I think I am, and right now I need to be finishing school and preparing for the rest of my life.

So that leaves me where I am I guess.

A free spirit with deadlines and a desk...on which I will be planning all of my free spirit trips.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Life....

*SIGH*

No comments: