Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm not your typical girl....

I will never wear my skirt shorter
So I can catch your eye
I will never fake my own tragedy
And happen to stop by
I will never order what pleases you
When I'm on a date
I will never overly analyze
Every word you say
I won't strategically place myself
Where ever you will be
I won't tell you what you want to hear
That just isn't me!

'Cause I refuse to beYour "typical girl"
There's plenty of her
In this world.
Why should I change myself
Into what you think I should be?
When all you've got to love-Is me.

I work like my fatherFearless of the dirt
My fingers earned their calluses
So keep your manicure!
I don't need constant attention
To edify myself
I don't need diamonds, or jewelry
Or any other wealth
When I ask to leave the room
You don't need to come along.
And when I'm upset with you
I'll tell you what went wrong.

'Cause I refuse to beYour "typical girl"
There's plenty of her In this world.
Why should I change myself
Into what you think I should be?
When all you've got to love-
Is me!

No comments: