Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nothing...and yet, Something.

I don't actually feel like blogging today. I can't think of anything funny, or serious, or anything to share....except..

I did get in a car accident last night. I was just driving through an intersection, minding my own business when an SUV/truck (who knows...it was big though) decided to shove over into my lane. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by saying that he didn't see me there. Well, to this very hour I like to believe that he didn't see me in that lane. Doubtless, he doesn't even have a clue that he left a frightened girl stranded on the side of the road last night. The damage? Two blown out tires, one backache and shin-splints starting to act up again. Oh, and red puffy eyes from crying. All in all, a lot better than a hospital visit any day.

I remember having to make the decision to hit the sidewalk instead of him. It all happened so fast, but I think that I made the best choice. Had he hit me, I probably would have collided with another car stopped at the intersection. Sandwhiched between two impossibly large vehicles, I don't think my little honda could have withstood the pressure....to think that I escaped serious injury by half a second? That is worth celebrating!

After my car hit the sidewalk and I slamed the brakes on, the two of us (Harry....my car and I) came to a stop. My cried out. I was scared. And I knew I was in shock, so I had to be careful. I grabbed my phone (which had been in my hand before impact and was now under my seat and called home. My sister answered the phone. "Is mom there?!" I managed to get out inbetween sobs. I got out of the car and assessed the damage. I was scared to stay in the car in case it got hit by someone. But I was more scared to stay out of the car, mainly because I'm a girl, alone, and it was dark. What I wouldn't have given for a the strong arms of a friend to hold me! But I stayed out of the car, and within 5 minutes or so a mom and dad pulled over and stepped out of their car to see if I was okay. They stayed with me till my parents got there. I can tell you one thing, Angels do exist. And they came in the form of Greg and Debbie Crosby. What a wonder to know that the Lord sent them to me in the exact moment that I needed them. I consider it a tender mercy, and a miracle. I pray that the Lord will always bless them for their compassion and generosity.

Needless to say we got the car towed back to the house.....and we'll be getting new tires in the morning.

But what a day. I'm not sure what I was supposed to learn from that experience, but hopefully I figure it out fast so I don't have to go through it again anytime soon!

1 comment:

eldahshan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.